Friday, February 8, 2013

Rex's Hands

As many of you know, I have been using and selling essential oils.  I am amazed every time they work for us.  I was a skeptic and still am at times.  How can a simple drop of oil fix this or take away that pain?  It works - trust me.  Here is an example of a recent result of our use of essential oils.

Rex's hands have been chapped, cracked, and bleeding this winter.  It was painful for him.
 This is a picture of his hands on January 28th.  What you don't see is the blood that normally dripped from his knuckles.  Super painful.  I really felt bad for him.  We started using some essential oils on him every other night.  I covered his hands with fractionated coconut oil then applied one drop of myrrh, one drop of geranium, and one drop of melaleuca.  The myrrh is used for soothing the skin.  The geranium oil promotes clear, healthy skin.  The melaleuca is promotes immune functions, minor skin irritations, and has a rejuvenating effect on skin. Rex did complain that the melaleuca had a stinging effect when I applied it first.  He did not like the smell of the geranium at all.  After a few times we decided on applying myrrh first, geranium second, and melaleuca last.  We did this only once a day, right before bed.  I had him put on a pair of light gloves so he wouldn't accidentally get the oils in his eyes.  (PAINFUL!)  I also had him wash his hands using ONLY a special bar soap.  I used this myself one night and noticed even by the next morning that my dry skin had improved.
This picture was taken on February 4th - just one week later.  Can you see the difference?  Its amazing how quickly it healed.  I could have taken the picture after 5 days and it would have looked like this.  He is a much happier boy.  Thankfully I am hearing less and less complaining on it.  He has not even asked to put on the oils for a few days now.

We have had experiences like this over and over again.  I hope to post a few more of them in the coming weeks.  If you have any questions about essential oils please contact me!

No comments: