Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Flying Solo to South Dakota

Last Wednesday night I hopped on a plane and headed to South Dakota to spend the rest of the week with family.  On Thursday I spent all day with my youngest brother Loman.  We worked on his All Saints' Day costume and spent the day having fun.  
 One this I was honored to hear was his talk he had worked on for school.
 It was about one of the Chinese dynasties.
 He did great with all the long names.
 He was quite expessive.  This kid has a public speaking calling in his future.
 Check out our "no faces" picture at the restaurant.
 That's better!
 We had a great time - Mom chewed us out for being too wild though.  No one else was there, so we did take a few laughing liberties we wouldn't have otherwise taken.  Loman had A TON of cherries in his Cherry Coke.
 No face again.  Loman laughed when we looked at it.
 Sabor-strawed sister.
 Here are the props I made for Loman's All Saints' Day costume.
He is going as St. Boniface.

While I was there I also met my cousin for coffee Friday morning, lunch with my friend, Lori, saw Lori's office and lab at the School of Mines in Rapid City, got a pedicure, ate pizza at Lori's house, and made friends with her little daughter.  Later that night I made tiramisu and drank pumpkin beer while my parents and I had a great talk.   

Saturday morning we went to Mass, went painting for Mauri's birthday, ate lunch out, did our nails while sipping on wine and Rum Chata with Root Beer, had supper with all the family, shared birthday cake/pumpkin cheesecake/tiramisu, and did the nieces nails.  It was a full day!

I had to be at the airport early the next morning.  Bedtime was a blessed event that night. 

No comments: