Saturday, January 30, 2016

One Picture

One picture

It shows charity.
It shows brotherly love.
It shows respect for Mom.
It shows selflessness.

See that pink bundle in the middle of the bed?  That's Kiara.
See that blurry face inside the toy kitchen "frame"?  That's Brigid
See that camo shirt with a head attached to it? That's Blase.

This was the 4-day weekend that Darren was gone ice fishing.
This was the 4-day weekend that all the kids (except Blase and Brech) decided to get sick.
This was the 4-day never-ending weekend that Blase helped clean up diarrhea and puke.
This was 4-day "suck it up" weekend that Blase cooked, did dishes, and worked on school.
This was the weekend that Blase slept with his sisters in their big bed because they couldn't sleep with me yet. (Silly knee anyway!)

This was the 4 days immediately after I was released from the hell known as straight-leg brace and crutches.  I was NOT walking well yet and was still using one crutch.  I was still in a fair amount of pain thanks to being weight-bearing on that leg for the first time in six weeks.  I was, to sum it up, worthless for the most part.  I could not run a girl to the bathroom when she puked.  I could not stand long enough to make a meal.  I could not even carry anything, but myself - and even that was questionable at times.

This was the weekend that Blase learned a lot.  This was the weekend that I learned Blase knows a lot.  That was the weekend Blase will never forget.  If he doesn't get married and have kids - it will be because of that weekend.

Blase rocked that weekend.
Kudos, Blase, for being such an amazing son and brother.
Purgatory just got a little shorter for you.



No comments: