Thursday, February 1, 2018

Dentists Have Feelings Too

January calmed down a bit after Juliana's wedding.  We went back to our normal days with school and chores as the only excitement UNTIL - I had a root canal.

So I should point out that I am so scared of the dentist that I had a panic attack for five minutes after just calling for an appointment and finding out there were no openings at that office.  Seriously.  No fooling.  I was a wreck.  So I had to call a second office and finally made an appointment for the week of Juliana's wedding.  I found out I needed a root canal and was referred to someone else.

I entered into the most intense waiting period I have had since delivering the twins.  I didn't want that day to come.  I even requested some "help you feel better and walk through the door" medication.  Ohh, that helped....ummm...a lot as you can tell from the pictures below.


Hummm, I look like I was in the happy zone!  I was - I don't remember a thing about the procedure.  I remember sitting down and turning on my music playlist I created just for that day (Dentists Have Feelings Too).  The next thing I remember (an hour and a half later) is "Tap, tap, Karen and grind back and forth."  Then I was in the van.  Things were very calm after that for a couple of hours.  I even went out for breakfast, very soft French toast in case you were wondering what you eat after a root canal they drug you up for.  Then I came home and slept for the rest of the day.  My mouth never really hurt much more than a little jaw soreness and some random "ghost" pains that were probably not there.  I'm hoping I never have to do that again.  Now starts the rest of the dental appointments - crowns and cavities and more chances to listen to my playlist.  After all, dentists have feelings too.

No comments: