Saturday, January 23, 2021

October Means Blase Meets Ditch

The one and only Sunday that it snowed in October, or November or December for that matter, Blase was called into town to shovel snow.  Less than ten minutes later Darren comes up saying that he needed to go help Blase because he went in the ditch.

I picked up my phone and noticed that there were two missed calls from Blase.  I called him back, mostly to pick on him.  He then bemoans me for not answering the phone when he called.  He was quite flustered that he had to call Darren because "Dad won't let me live this down."  Son, I won't let you live this down.  I then informed him that I would have had to tell Darren anyway because I'm not going to come help him.  

Poor kid.  You know - your first full-fledged accident in the ditch shouldn't be so close to home that your mother can take the binoculars and zoom in with her camera and get fairly decent pictures as proof.  Poor kid.  We all have to put a car in the ditch sometime.  Not everyone has a mother like me...so again, poor kid!





 

No comments: