Thursday, October 11, 2012

Year of Faith

The Year of Faith has started for the Catholic Church.  Our family is adding another prayer to our nightly family prayers.  It is the "Prayer for a Generous Faith" by St. Ignatius of Loyola.

Lord, teach me to be generous.
Teach me to serve You as You deserve;
to give and not to count the cost,
to fight and not to heed the wounds,
to toil and not to seek for rest,
to labor and to ask for no reward,
save that of knowing that I do Your will.
Amen.

I am also going to read through the Catechism of the Catholic Church this year.  I am hoping that Darren and I can spend some time talking about what I am reading.  The boys already do a bunch of catechism for school so I will not add any more work to their day.  Overall, I think this year we will focus on increasing our faith in God.  He is taking care of us and we should trust in His plan for us.  I have to admit that having faith in God's plan for us is sometimes hard for me.  I want to know NOW if our dreams will ever become a reality.  Will there be another move?  Will we be moving one step closer or two steps back from our desires?  All questions I want answers to so I can plan the future.  This may be a good year to focus on today's blessings and not worry about tomorrow.  Have a little more faith, Karen.

I pray that God will bless you and your family throughout this year.  Even if you are not Catholic, consider increasing your faith, add something extra to your prayer life, or change your mindset to a more positive outlook.

No comments: