Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A New Chapter Begins

I'm sure you have wondered where I have been.  I've been stuck in South Dakota with morning sickness.  I drove down here thinking I would have plenty of time to get back before it got REALLY, really bad  - but I was wrong.

I had to be seen by a doctor while I've been here.  He ordered an ultrasound - and to our surprise it showed we are having twins.  TWINS?  Serious!  YES!

Darren thought it might be an early April Fool's Day joke. Nope.  I'm feeling every bit of twin morning sickness and exhaustion.

As a result of my uncomfortable situation the kids and I have stayed down here since St. Valentine's Day.  It has been great to be spoiled and taken care of while we have been here.  My family has done a great job of helping out.  We are going back to North Dakota later this week.  It will interesting adjusting to just me in the commander's chair during the day.

We are all excited about the twins.  The boys are super excited.  I have never seen such happy, joyous children in my life.  Cormac said that we are the luckiest people ever.  Rex wonders why there are only two couldn't there be three (shut your mouth young man, there may have been one hiding!).  Blase just smiles and smiles.  Stephen is pleased and wonders if they are boys are girls.  Brech and Gianna both pat my stomach nicely and give "kisses" to the babies.  Darren and I are thrilled, though overwhelmed.  It isn't every day God graces a family of 6 kids with twins.  This just proves He has a sense of humor after all.

At some point I might be accepting baby names.  We have such a hard time agreeing on ONE name let alone TWO names.  Yikes!!

When I first found out I had nightmares with everything in two's.  Then I had panic bouts where I had to sit down and calm down.  I think it has finally sunk in enough that I'm ok with it.  This really does change everything I've ever known.  We will have to get more car seats - another crib - buy even more in bulk - and of course go without sleep for who knows how long.

I do have to say that it was not until now that I know why God had us relocate to Fargo.  Prior to this I was so confused why God would have us move there only to make it appear that most of the reasons why we thought it was a wise choice were in fact not even realities anymore.  Now I know.  The homeschool and Catholic group in Fargo is amazing.  I have never had such promises of support in all my life.  If anyone has reason to worry - cease - those ladies got it covered.  They have willingly volunteered their daughters to come help me, offered meals already, given me advice and support, volunteered to take me in for IV's, and have offered many prayers already.  The crazy thing is, I'm not even home yet!!  :-)  God does indeed know best!!

If I am not posting as often as in the past or if I appear to have dropped off the face of the earth - now you know why.  I will post pictures of my already expanding belly and any information I get.  I hope you are as excited as we are to embark on this newest chapter of our lives.  Shall I call it Double Trouble?? 

No comments: