Friday, March 22, 2013

Peaceful Happiness

A few nights back....

A beautiful thought entered my mind, calmed my emotions, and filled my heart with love.  It was the idea of holding two newborns on my chest just after birth.  That moment after delivery when all the doctors and nurses have left the room, all is quiet, and its just you and the baby.  This is the moment when the love of the mother is transferred to the baby without interruption.  I pondered this moment I have shared with all my children.  It's a beautiful, precious moment.  This is the time when the father should feel envious.  As I imagined TWO babies to love and cuddle at that moment the overwhelming feeling of love put every fear to rest.

Then I thought about the birth, the nursing, the 18 years of child rearing - and the fear somewhat returned.

Fast forward to today - 

The fear is gone once again.

All it took was an ultrasound showing me two sweet babies, two sweet, beating hearts, and TWO sacs.  God did indeed bless us.  God is indeed taking care of us.

My potential higher than high risk pregnancy just became high risk only because it's twins.

for reference purposes - Baby A is who is lined up to be born first.
 Baby A - measured 11 weeks, heartbeat 168
 Baby B - measured 10 weeks 6 days, heartbeat 168
 (you can see the top of Baby A's head right next to Baby B)
Our two blessings together.  
Since they are not in the same sac they are not identical as was thought with the first ultrasound.  This means they could be both girls, both boys, one girl and one boy.  That really complicates the naming process.

So far they look great and were moving around like little 11 week babies should.  Garsh, I sure love these little ones!

2 comments:

Kateri said...

So excited for you, Karen. Prayers for an easy pregnacy and healthy babies and a healthy you!

Marcia said...

You are very lucky to have THREE guardian angels watching over you these months. I'm praying that this pregnancy continues to go well for you!