Monday, April 22, 2013

Ten Years Old

Today is Stephen's 10th birthday.  The poor kid had to do school on his birthday.  He was not thrilled. 

Ten years ago I was in labor all day long.  I was not thrilled.  He is the only baby that was born in the night - close to 11 PM if I remember correctly.  I remember having Blase (who wasn't quite two yet) with Darren and I in the labor/delivery room in the morning because our babysitter couldn't come until after 1 PM. I think that's the only labor I watched ended up watching cartoons during.  I remember being exhausted and quite frustrated by the end of the afternoon.  It is a good thing I didn't know how much more I actually would have to labor before sweet Stephen would show his fuzzy little head.
On the other hand, Stephen was thrilled about going to Perpetual Adoration for an hour.
 
 
 It is becoming a fire hazard around here!
 He missed ONE candle.
A STAR WARS LEGO SET?!?
 He was reading his card from Grandma and Grandpa Bestgen.  He was told to buy some coin collecting materials with the money they sent.
 Lucky for Stephen his mom and dad were on the ball and bought some coin collecting folders.  Poor Stephen had to hand over his money before he even got to enjoy it.  The "treasure box" is very special.  It was given to Stephen's Uncle Mark by his Grandma and Papa Bestgen.  After Mark died, Mom gave the box to me for Stephen.  It has a collection of Wheat Pennies in it.  I've been saving it for this special boy for just a special birthday.  It seemed this was the one.
 Rex gave Stephen Angry Bird fruit snacks and a whoopee cushion.
 Gianna gave him Spiderman fruit snacks.  She was a bit upset he wasn't sharing RIGHT NOW.
 Carnivorous plants to control the insect population in the house.  (from Mom and Dad)
 Cormac gave him a 4-leaf clover growing set and gummy worms.
 Brech gave him a wallet for his money and Sweet Tarts.
 A coin collecting book from Dad and Mom.
 This was his "How do I pronounce this game's name?" face.  It is called Bonka Zonks Spiderman set.  It was from his Uncle Peter, Aunt Mauri, Bella and Jenna.  (Thanks for the gift and card!  The kids have enjoyed playing it.  Even Darren played a round.)
 MORE STAR WARS LEGOS??!!  You've got to be kidding me!! 
 A bb gun from Dad and Mom....'cause that's what you get when you turn 10 in this family.
Stephen has been into building things.  He now has his own hammer and tape measure which will come in handy to build the birdhouse and bird feeder.  Stephen "This is for the birds!" 
What a haul!  Stephen kept saying "This is just what I wanted," after he opened every present.

A big thank you to Grandpa and Grandma Gebes for the card and money.  Another thank you to Uncle Dirk, Aunt Twyla, Shelby, Taylor, and Tory for the card and money.  And yet another THANK YOU to Uncle John, Aunt Maria, and Baby for the card and holy card.

No comments: