Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Books, Books, Books

I had an idea.  Yes, one of those kind of ideas.  The kind where it gets worse before it gets better, but it will indeed be better and easier on me in the end.  I am typing up a list of all the books we own so that I can quick search for a keyword and find all the titles to use for that subject.  This will benefit me as I attempt to teach Brech preschool next school year with two bouncing babies.  It is a long process, but well worth the time and energy - until.....someone decides to help.
"Wow, I haven't seen this book in a long time!" "I love this book.  I'm gonna read it right now." "This is my favorite book, ever!!"  Those are the things I've been hearing lately. So my nicely stacked "already finished" books were scattered all over the school room.  Not a big deal, but a setback nonetheless. 
 This is the somewhat excited faces of the children after opening the box of their new school books.  I ordered next year's books hoping to get started on them in July.  The boys will finish school tomorrow with the exception of reading to me this summer (Rex and Cormac) and science and history (Blase and Stephen). They will do a few extra things for fun.  Rex and Cormac are dying to color a book about Lewis and Clark and so a unit study I printed off about them.  Blase and Stephen are interested in watching "How Things Are Made" on Netflix so I will probably call that school for them.  I might allow Blase to start reading some of the books I will require for history and literature next year.  He was eyeballing the stack with delight the other day.  He would rather read all day than do school work if given the chance.
I know this isn't a stack of books or anything book related, but this is what happens when Mom undertakes a project upstairs and Little Miss is downstairs.  This is only the second time she's done this so I'm not too upset.  I think you can't call yourself a proper two year old without having unrolled a toilet paper roll or two.

No comments: