Saturday, November 23, 2013

My Doctor, The Doctor

The twins and I attended our first Dr. Who party.  Doctor who?  Exactly!  I am completely, utterly hooked on Dr. Who.  I am glad I have Dr. Who friends who can relate and are even more insane fans than I am.  Of course, without these sweet friends I never would have known about Dr. Who in the first place.  A huge thank you to the Wiegrefe family for hosting such a wonderful party!
 Sonic screwdriver pretzels anyone?
 A few more of the desserts - fish fingers and custard (cookies and pudding), a red Dalek cupcake (EXTERMINATE - you Dr. Who fans just said that in a Dalek voice didn't you...), and cute peanut butter ball adiposes.  So yummy!!
I took a picture of myself in Dr. Who shirt - Mad Man With A Box.  I can so relate as I am a Mad Woman With A Van (full of kids).
 The girls and I in our prime location for the viewing of the 50th anniversary show.  Amazing show, by the way.  I can't wait to watch it again and again!
 The 11th Doctor, 10th Doctor, and 9th Doctor.  
I loved the costumes.  The 11th Doctor even had a sonic screwdriver that made noise.  They went all out with this party.  I can't wait for the Christmas Special.  :-)
 Timey Wimey 
 This was their front door.   Too cool - can I have one Darren??

So while the twins and I were partying and visiting I got a call from Darren.  He said I needed to come home right away because Gianna tripped going up the stairs and bit her tongue REALLY, REALLY bad.  So home I went as quick as I could.  I dropped the twins off and loaded Gianna up.  We headed to the ER.
 It looks so much worse in person.  YUCK!
She was such a trooper and hasn't cried since I picked her up.
 Hangin' in the ER.
Check out her new, extremely cool, personalized bracelet.

The doctor said they don't do stitches on tongues because it would trap the bacteria in the wound and cause more troubles.  He did give us an antibiotic to help prevent an infection.  He said that the hole should start to heal and be back together as soon as three days.  Wow, insane.

Gianna was ready to head home before we had the prescription filled. She kept saying "My doctor.  Where is my doctor."  Considering this was a "Dr. Who" day I had to chuckle.  She's well on her way to being a Dr. Who fan and she doesn't even know it.  (for those of you who don't watch Dr. Who...his travel companions tend to call him "My Doctor.")

Gianna is doing well tonight and seems to be in little pain.  I'll post pictures again when it starts to heal.

2 comments:

MiniMozarts said...

I'm speechless. That is one BIG gouge in her tongue. Ouch!

OrangeBlossom said...

Oh my! This happened to us this summer with John Paul (1 1/2 yr). He fell and his two front teeth went all the way through his tongue. Blood squirting every where! Luckily our Dr. is a good friend. We stopped by his house and he was able to look at him. The ER wouldn't have done stitches. He couldn't nurse for three days. Poor little man!