Sunday, April 13, 2014

Princess Aprons

I decided to let the creative juices flow this month.  I knew I wanted to get Gianna a tiara for her birthday, but what's a tiara without a princess dress to wear?  I thought it would be fun and easy to make an apron for her that looked like a Disney princess.  Ok, so when I am left unattended I get way too creative.  I thought that the one side of the apron was fine, but the other side was just plain ugly.  I decided I should make one side be the work dress and the other the ball gown.  If that wasn't enough of a commitment, I decided I should make one for my niece as well.  I was pleased with how they turned out and learned a few tricks for next time.  Yes, there will be a next time.  I have a few more nieces and a ton more Disney princesses to go.  I'm just a bit of an overachiever.
 My lovely model is modeling for your viewing pleasure the work dress side of her cousin's Cinderella apron.  The straps around the neck have Velcro on them for easy adjustment.
 This would be the reverse side featuring Cinderella's ball gown.
 For our final display of this fashion show, I am pleased to present to you Aurora's work dress. This is the one Gianna was given for her birthday.
Ta da - instant princess!!

No comments: