Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Weekend Blast

We traveled to South Dakota over the weekend for my sister's graduation party.  It was long, short weekend, but worth every minute to be there for Juliana's party.
 This was the best picture of the "Honey Moon" we were able to take.  It was beyond words beautiful!  We only saw it for about 10 minutes near Miller, SD before the rain clouds rolled in.  

Two very epic things happened as the rain clouds took over the sky.

First - I allowed our dog, Jimmer, to ride in the van with us. He had been in his kennel on the trailer.  I don't mind animals, really.  I do mind animals in houses and vehicles.  So for me to allow Jimmer in the van was a big, big deal.  It was a good thing we let him in though.

Second - the rain storm itself.  WOW!  Insane. Powerful. We were fortunate that most of the storm was north and south of us.  We did hit an intense area near Pierre.  It was late, almost 11 PM, so it was dark.  The lightning was flashing all around us.  There was both sheet lightning and ground strikes.  Sometimes the whole sky was lit up.  Beautiful. Frightening.  It seemed only appropriate that we were listening to Cello Wars, by The Piano Guys over and over again.  I was amazed at how many times the lightning happened to flash at all the right places during the music.  Epic. Moving.  If you ever drive through a lightning storm - turn on Cello Wars and it will make the experience so much more enjoyable.  I can't wait to go through another storm (it can stay to the north and south again).
 Meet Brigid's new security force.
 He's actually Aunt Juliana's boyfriend.
 Bella and Becky were checking out Juliana's cake.  I think they were among the first to get a piece of cake.  They are so stinkin' adorable!  What a lucky aunt I am!!
 Juliana and her amazing and yummy cake.
 Good times with family and friends!
 Kaylene is hiding....we still know it is you.
 The quilt I make for Juliana.  It is a signature quilt like the one I made for Mauri when she graduated.  This is the project that required a new sewing machine last minute.  It is also the reason I am sporting a battle scar.  I'm not sure who won though.
 This is the only up close picture of the quilt I took.
We were getting ready to leave Monday morning when Mom suggested she have a picture with the twins.  Yes, we were all dam tired after this weekend.  Even the girls who refused to sleep well.  Traveling really isn't fun when babies are teething and won't sleep.  Here's hoping the next trip is smoother.

No comments: