Friday, May 6, 2016

We Needed to Clean Under the Fridge Anyway

Murphy's Law
Or maybe 
Karen's Law?

We haven't used the dishwasher in a couple of months.  I was not satisfied with the cleaning ability, though it did the job most of the time.  It was those couple of times a week that irritated me so I decided we were hand washing all the dishes.  We got a bit behind over the weekend so I gave the kids permission to use the dishwasher Monday morning and again Monday evening.
Here's where Karen's Law comes into play.
If you start the dishwasher at 10 PM you will have trouble.

Truth.

There was water pouring out the bottom of the dishwasher.

(I happened to be walking into the kitchen with an armload of towels)
Yelled for more towels.

I canceled the cycle.

Yelled for the carpet cleaner.

It kept filling up.

Yelled for MORE towels - out of the dirty clothes if you have to.

Water STILL coming out of the dishwasher.

I yelled for someone to tell Darren to turn the water off.

Then the storm past.

We had all the water up off the floor within five minutes of me yelling for towels the first time.

Rock on, young men.  You are amazing!!!

Some good things about this experience:

I wanted to clean under the fridge - done.

It is clean up week in our area so we just have to put the dishwasher on the corner and they haul it away for free - boom!

We were still awake - nuff said.

 The water did leak just a bit into the boys' room below.
 It didn't even need a full towel.
We wiped up what we could and placed fans in the kitchen and bedroom.

Then we slept.

We have a new dishwasher.  It's great.  The little things (or big appliances).

No comments: