Sunday, August 23, 2009

RIP little brother


Mark's grave next to my other brother, Blase who died in 1984.
Today is the one year anniversary of the day we buried my brother Mark. It is has to believe it has been a year already. I have had a good week in regards to Mark. I expected I would cry and miss him more than usual, but I didn't.



The boys and I returned this week from a trip to South Dakota. I have lots of pictures to post when I finally find a moment. While we were there I took the boys to visit the graves of my brothers. It was hard and I cried. Stephen reminded me that at the end of the world Mark's body would be "put back" with his soul and everything would be ok. Its wonderful to have such comfort at a time like that.

I think it hurts the most when I think of my parents and I think of myself as a parent. My parents are two of the strongest people I know, period! I pray to God to give me their strength, their gentleness, their patience, their love for their children and most of all their faith in God. So next time I miss Mark - I'm going to hug each of my children a little tighter and thank God for every moment I have with them.

1 comment:

Kateri said...

Praying for you. I can't imagine how it must feel to lose a brother like that.