Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Many Faces of Bear Butte

While I was in SD I took pictures of Bear Butte (just east of Mom & Dad's) at various times of the day and various days. This is what I managed to capture. I didn't realize how different Bear Butte could look. I hope you enjoy!
Rain in the distance.
Ummm, fog.

Not much sun.
Night, obviously. There is a light in the distance.
Snowing hard by Bear Butte.
missing the top
Lovely sunny day!
Clouds and a bit of sunshine.
Bear Butte with a hat of sorts.
Dark clouds means no fun for someone. Thank goodness we were having sun!
I love it when Bear Butte stands out.
Snow covered
Same day - snowing on half the butte.
Snowing on the other half of the butte.
The clouds were blowing up and around the top of the butte. I enjoyed watching them roll by.
Snowing by us, but not the butte this time. Yes this was all in April and May.
Bear Butte at sunset.
And finally just before sunrise.
I walked out onto the road in front of the house to get a good picture of the sun rising.
The sun just a bit higher.
This is what the butte looks like through Mom and Dad's picture window in the living room as the sun is coming up.
This is the stained glass angel that hangs in a window just above the big window.
This is what Brech and I look like when we wake up around 5 to take pictures of Bear Butte. :)

3 comments:

Kateri said...

Wow, you and Brech have the same eyes. :) I enjoyed your many faces of Bear Butte. It looks like it was once a volcano.

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed these years of the butte in are front window so many different faces. If we just slow down and enjoy the majesty of God. Thank you Karen, very nice. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures, Karen! I just love the voew form you parents picture window! How awesome!