Thursday, June 17, 2010

Small Steps

I recently purchased the book Small Steps for Catholic Moms by Elizabeth Foss and Danielle Bean. The book is set up in a lovely format with a quote from a saint, a short pray and a suggestion for living out that quote or pray for every day of the year. Every month has a virtue to focus on. Since we are trying to practice charity this month, I skipped the June virtue of gentleness and moved right into August's virtue of charity.

It takes about 2 minutes to read each day's quote, pray and act. I am enjoying the simple, practical suggestions for acts of charity. There is also a nice variety of ideas focusing on various aspects of a Catholic mother's life.

I highly recommend this book to anyone, not just Catholic mothers. It is short, sweet and to the point. If you can spare 5 minutes a day, you will be blessed with many ideas to increase your spiritual life.

A big thank you to Mrs. Foss and Mrs. Bean! This is just what I needed to focus my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you gave a review. :) I'll have o t check it out. I was wondering what that books was like.