Friday, August 27, 2010

Announcement and Excitement

We're having another baby.

I've know since July 28th.

At first I wasn't sick, so I was worried. I had three blood tests and an ultrasound to show that YES I am pregnant with a sweet baby in the proper place.

Now fast forward to morning sickness. Its bad again this time. I have had two trips to the ER this week for fluids.

First trip to the ER the doctor said I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum (really bad morning sickness) and Jaundice. They did tons of blood tests and a complete ultrasound of my organs. Everything looked good on the ultrasound, but my bilirubin count was elevated. They said that all the tests said I wasn't that dehydrated, so they were concerned about the cause of all of the problems. They put one bag of fluid in me and sent me home with new medication for the nausea.

Two days later I went for a follow up appointment with my midwife. She was concerned at how I looked and sent me back to the ER. She had an internal medicine doctor do an exam on me. He decided I did not have jaundice, I did not have a liver of gall bladder problem and that I was simply dehydrated. He had the nurses put two bags of fluid in me and sent me home with a third medication for nausea. He also left standing orders to fill me with two bags of fluid whenever I show up. He suggested I come in 3 times a week until the morning sickness is over. A bag of fluid seems to keep me functioning for one day.

I am trying to eat as much as I can, even with the vomiting. Drinking is also a problem, but I'm putting as much down as I can stomach. Its been an interesting few weeks. Darren and the boys have been paying the price for Mom being out of commission. They waited in the van for 4 hours, twice this week. THANKS HONEY!!

I'm glad to say that my sister is considering coming out to help for a month. Dad will probably bring her out for us. What a blessing to have such a charitable family!!!

We are excited about the baby, but not so excited about me being sick again. Such is life huh?

BABY ETA - APRIL 6TH

2 comments:

Kateri said...

Hope you are feeling better! Congratulations!

Mauri said...

i've been getting on here like every other day waiting for a new post..its not like ur sick Karen, please hurry up :p JK!! Love you! and i really enjoy reading ur posts!