Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Prayers Updated

I have chosen May's theme to center around the Blessed Virgin Mary as our mother. I am reminded again and again that I, as a mother, must turn to the Mother of mothers for help. She knows the pains of motherhood and also the joys. What better mother has ever walked this earth??

The saints have many great things to say about Mary as our mother. She is there to instruct us, to comfort us, to intercede for us, to love us. She sees our pain and weeps with us. She sees our triumphs and rejoices with us. She sees our sins and intercedes to her Son on our behalf. She never abandons us. What comfort we should find in her loving arms.

I am not a good mother. I am probably a piss poor mother by most standards. I yell at my kids, lose my patience over and over again, ignore the small pleas for my undivided time and I know I hurt their feelings. These are my weaknesses. Mary has no weaknesses. She will not fail as I have failed over and over again. That is why I pray that she will take my children into her arms and comfort them when I am selfish. Nourish them when I am too blind to see their need. Build them up when I have cut them down. And I pray that she will guide me to becoming a better mother.

May you feel Our Lady's loving embrace this month. Turn to her, love her!!

No comments: