Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sitting and More Sitting

I know I should have had time to update this blog last week if all I did was sit right?? I wish it were that simple, but it never is.

Tuesday and Wednesday Darren was gone, out of state, to a work related convention. It was my first night without help since Gianna was born. We did great and had no troubles. We always have a great time when Dad is gone. We eat cereal for lunch and watch movies while we eat our supper. Good times!!

Then Thursday afternoon I took Gianna to the doctor for her two (plus some) week appointment. She had gained a pound since being released from the hospital, but did not grow any taller. She had a great visit and is in perfect health. When we returned home later that afternoon I started to get sick. At first I felt cold so I put on three blankets. I had the chills to the point that I was shaking uncontrollably. It was not fun. Then I started to get a fever. Darren was working late and by the time he came home around 8 PM my temperature was 105.5. YES I typed it correctly - 105.5! Darren gave me some medicine and I tried to stay warm because even with the temp. that high I was still freezing. An hour later my temp. was down to 103, then finally 101 when I fell asleep.

To add to the misery, Brech started to get very sick the next day. Friday daytime I was ok and it was as though I hadn't been all that sick. I did nap some and kept taking Tylenol and Belladonna. I even went to town with Stephen and Gianna to buy her an Easter dress and Stephen some cupcakes for his birthday. Later that night I started the chills again and had another 105 temp. that lasted for a bit. In the night, Brech got worse and my temp. would rise and fall. Poor Darren didn't get much sleep that night. Gianna on the other hand slept from 10 PM until 6 AM for her mommy. What a treasure she is!

Saturday morning I napped until lunchtime. Darren was on his way to Green Bay so he woke me up to watch Gianna. I started to feel some intense pains in my lower belly and back. We decided I should go to the Urgent Care, but ended up in the ER. I left with belly/back pain and came back with an UTI, kidney infection and a nasty infection in my uterus. I am currently finishing up two medications and on the mend. I did feel bad the rest of Saturday, Easter Sunday and some Monday morning. Brech was also better by Monday, but he had us scared a few times over the weekend. Little boys should not have to cough like that!

I am under orders from my loving husband to continue sitting. I am determined to do something this week besides sit. I did threaten to reshingle every house in this county. After three weeks of sitting - anything and everything sounds wonderful right now.

No comments: