Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Morning Prayers

I thought you would like to know our daily prayer routine. This post will be about the morning prayers we say every morning. I think we only miss one or two mornings a month, so its pretty much routine.

First we start off with the morning offering prayer I learned when I was young.

Oh my Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer Thee all my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day. For all the intentions of Thy Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, in reparation for my sins, for the intentions of all our associates and especially for the Holy Father, the Pope, and the Catholic Church. And especially for...

at this point we would start with the youngest and ask who they are praying for during the day. I started this so that the boys would remember who they are praying for - and I can use it against them during the day. "You aren't helping Uncle Mark very much by being naughty."

Then we say:
1 - Our Father
3 - Hail Marys
1 - Glory Be
Angel of God prayer

Prayer for a Deceased Man
Incline Thine ear, O Lord, unto our prayers, wherein we humbly pray Thee to show Thy mercy upon the soul of Thy servant Mark, whom Thou hast commanded to pass out of this world, that Thou wouldst place him in the region of peace and light, and bid him be a partaker with Thy Saints. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer for Priests - which is listed at the bottom of the blog

Now we would say whatever the monthly prayers are. Blase usually reads the monthly prayers.

Stephen's job is to read the Saint of the Day -

St. (fill in the blank) -Pray for us.
3 - Most Sacred Heart of Jesus - Have mercy on us.
Eternal rest grant unto Mark, O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon.
May his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed, rest in peace. Amen.

Stephen also tells Cormac what the liturgical feast day color is.

Cormac's job is to switch the altar lace color to that day's feast color.

Rex's job is to lead one decade of the rosary. We pick someone or a group of someones to pray for the whole month.

Then we say our Blessing before Meals. Then we say the prayer of St. Gertrude the Great - for releasing 1000 souls from purgatory or 1000 sinners repent.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus. In union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, for those in my home and within my family. Amen.

Then we say one Hail Mary for a family or someone who has lost someone through death.

We try to say the St. Gertrude the Great prayer and the Hail Mary at every meal.

Then we can eat and start our day. The only time we eat before all of this is if Darren is home and I am sleeping in. Then we wait until all of us are present. During the week, the boys and I will say all these prayers (10-15 minutes worth) before we eat.

1 comment:

Kateri said...

Thanks! I can leave a comment now!