Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Cold New Year

It has been a terribly cold week around here. We spent New Year's Day in the house.
 The boys begged to try out the new microscope we gave them on Christmas.
 All of us had a great time looking at the slides that came with the microscope.  I think it is the first I have ever gotten to look through a nice microscope.  I can't wait to try it out again.
January 2nd  - I woke up to -32 degrees outside.  Now I am noticing it was cold in the house that morning.  No wonder I felt so cold and was drawn to see the temperature outside.  I figured that HAD to be cold enough to do the boiling water evaporates really fast trip outside.  Darren tried it for us.  All we managed to have was a small burst of steam and an icy patch on the deck.  I guess we will be waiting for it to get just a little colder before we try again.

No comments: