Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy Epiphany

Happy Twelfth Day of Christmas!
Tonight the kids had a gold-wrapped chocolate kisses and smelled some frankincense and myrrh to celebrate the Epiphany. 
 As a gift to each of the kids (minus the twins), Darren and I gave the kids coupon books.
 There are 12 coupons for each child.  Examples would be Outing with Dad, 30 minutes of Mom time...
Pick the Dessert for the Day, Pick the Netflix movie... 
 and 30 Minutes of Kindle time.  The catch is that they can only cash in one coupon per month.  It is the gift that keeps giving all year long.

I had a great time making the coupon books.  It was actually inspired from another coupon book I made last Saturday.  First off - Darren bought me a Silhouette cutting machine for Christmas. 

 I wanted to try it out on some wonderful project so I made a coupon book for our chiropractor.  Her husband is deployed for the next nine months.  They have a sweet little boy who is under a year old. I wanted to support her and thank him all at the same time.  
 I decided to give her one afternoon or night of babysitting a month.  Blase suggested we add some extra ones so we added one for her birthday and one freebie for whenever. 
 I came up with a few ideas of when she could use the coupons for.  I hope she realizes it isn't limited to just these situations.  When I gave the book to her she was very happy.  She's such a sweet lady that she immediately told me that she is always willing to babysit for us.  I wonder if she knows exactly what she is volunteering for.

No comments: