Friday, December 19, 2014

Birthday Blast

My birthday started with a crazy school morning.  When we have plans in the afternoon we try to cram all of our school day into mornings.  It doesn't always work, but sometimes we get a lot accomplished.  This was not one of those days.
The afternoon was amazing!  First I went with some friends, their boys, Blase, and Stephen to the new Hobbit movie.  We saw the movie in 3D.  There is no other way to watch a movie like that.  Oh. my. goodness!!!  I loved the movie.  I am not too ashamed to admit I cried four different times.  I felt very emotionally invested in this movie.  Blase and Stephen hadn't seen the other two Hobbit movies and I hadn't seen the second one.  The two nights prior to this we stayed up late watching those movies. I have decided that this movie wouldn't have been as good if we had watched the other movies awhile ago.  It made the story seem "altogether" and not broke up.

Later in the afternoon we stopped to buy some cupcakes from my favorite dessert place in town.  We were blessed to see Joe and Nancy working (bread making instructors) so that was neat.  Joe, the nice and amazing guy he is, bought the cupcakes AND gave us a bunch of cookies. He made my birthday just that much more special.

The boys and I picked up Chinese on the way home, so I had my favorite takeout too!
 I always have lots of helpers when I open presents.
 Gianna gave me Jamberry nail wraps (that I picked out).

 My mom sent me this Minion that she bought for me.  It is a peanut Minion to hang on my tree.  LOVE IT!!!
 Brech Earl was SUPER excited about giving me this shirt.
 Two of my favorite things mashed together - Dr. Seuss and Doctor Who.
 I always wanted graham crackers from Rex. ;-)
 Even better when it turns out to be essential oil accessories.  A cool necklace and scent bags to hold the beads.  I think I'll put one in van for sure. 
 OH, what could it be....

 SHOOTING GLASSES!  This is so I can really hit the target. ;-)
 Books from Stephen...love me some new books.  That's a good week's worth of new reading.
 A cool set for my cutting machine.  I've already got a project in mind.  This was on my wish list so time to do a happy dance!!
 Pampered Chef spatulas from the twinnies!!
 Or maybe they are for the twinnies to cook with??  They already take every bowl out of the lazy susan.  Anyone have any ideas on keeping babies out of lazy susans??
 Kiara was a great helper.
 So true, so true!  Thanks Mom and Dad!
 A precious moment caught while looking at my new amazing socks from my parents.
 Ummm, I do believe this is a fire hazard waiting to happen.
 Smile twinnies!!
  Well, I guess I am THAT old.
 Who is manning the fire extinguisher?
 Happy birthday, to me.
That's a lapful and a cakeful of trouble in one picture!
  
Wow, can hardly see us behind all the smoke.

No comments: