Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Brown Scapular Enrollment

Rex is the luckiest boy.
He said so.
"Mom, this is the best year ever.  I don't think it can get any better than this year.  Well, maybe when I get married or have a kid then it will be better."

Why is he so lucky?  He had his First Holy Communion in May, then enrolled in the Brown Scapular on June 21, and finally his birthday just a little bit after that.  I agreed with him.  That is more than most boys get blessed with in a little over a month's time.
 Monsignor Goering had Rex read the responses for the ceremony.  It brought about a few smiles.  Rex did a great job.  I see another altar boy in my future.
 A little sprinkling here,
 a little sprinkling there.

At this point Monsignor tells Rex he could use some of the holy water to sign himself with.  Rex looked at him like he had two heads and a third leg.  I wondered why that seemed like a strange suggestion to Rex.

Rex - "Mom, why did Monsignor sprinkle oil on me?"
Mom - "Oil?  Oh, no, honey, that was holy water."
Rex - "Oh, that makes more sense."

Oh that kid!
Finally....he's good to go.

No comments: