Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The View Nowadays

This is the new normal.  The kids bring their schoolwork into my room and we work together on the bed.  I spend up to 8 hours a day in the CPM (continuous passive machine).  I get up to go to the bathroom and maybe do one pass through the kitchen for fun.  This is where you will find me 90% of the day and night.  I have to admit that sitting here all day is driving me a bit crazy.  You can see the craft table set up in next to Brech.  This has been a saving grace.  Katie and I have joked about our card making business as K&K Kreations.  We have made one and a half cards so far.  ha ha ha

The kids bring me everything from the cappuccino in the morning to a plate filled with supper at night. They take turns checking on me in the middle of the day to see if I need a snack or my water bottle refilled.  I am blessed to have such a caring crew watching out for me.  Blase has been my right hand helper.  He fills the ice for the ice pack machine, moves the CPM onto the bed and off when I am through, helps me put on and take off my brace (it is a two person job right now), and has even put lotion with lavender oil and Deep Blue on my lower leg and ankle (can't quite reach it).  He's been wonderful and patient the whole time he's helping.

I am doing well and in a slight bit of what I would call pain.  I am sore and in some form of discomfort most of the time, but it isn't painful as much as annoying.  A good example would be my butt hurting from doing nothing but sitting or my ankle being stiff and bruised.  Overall I am where I should be in recovery timeline.

Thanks to everyone who has sent me a note or called me to brighten my day. A special thank you to those who have stopped by and kept me company.  I really do treasure all of you and am offering my discomfort for you and all my family and friends.

No comments: