Monday, January 9, 2012

Tour #1

So I have finally taken some pictures of our house and property. I still have a few more rooms to clean up for pictures so they will most likely be part of Tour #2 post sometime in the future.

This is the backyard and the "man cave" as Darren calls it. It has his workbenches and a pool table back there. There is also room for the boat inside the one side.
This is the yard behind the "man cave". The garden shed looks small but it is large enough for all the boys' bikes and outside toys as well as the lawn mower and even the 4-wheeler. To the the side of the shed you can see the trail leading back to the river.
This is look back towards the house and "man cave" from the garden shed.
The trail to the river. I guess we don't own all the land the trail goes on. Some of it, and the mowed section by the river, is the property of the county (or public property).
The river was partially frozen that day. Its been warm up here. So much for the 200 plus inches of snow they were talking about. Its going to have to snow a lot for us to even get close.
Here is our new school room. It is the living room next to the kitchen.
The west wall of the school room.
The north wall of the school room, also the stairs going down to the basement.
Brech, Rex and Cormac's bedroom. There are no pictures up in any of the rooms. We will get around to that sooner or later.
The upstairs bathroom with a new shower head. I'm so excited for a new shower head I just wish we had more water pressure to make it more of a massage instead of a mist.
Now downstairs...this is the family room/tv room/living room/toy room. It has many functions, mostly it manages to get cluttered.
We all love the fireplace, but have not started a fire yet. I'm sure the time will come when we will have the energy and desire for a lovely fire.
The couches are starting to show their age, so we decided to cover them and get a few more years of wear and tear off of them. Hopefully we can take the blankets off when company comes and they will still think the couches look nice. The corner by the lamp is where the toys get cornered, literally. It works nicely for a quick pick up.
This is the basement bathroom. Its nice to have two showers again. I can give baths to the little ones while the big boys take turns showering. Its wonderful!
Welcome to the "she cave", AKA laundry room, AKA sewing room. Darren built a couple shelves as well as hung a clothes rod up for me over the weekend. I didn't know how to do laundry without being able to hang the good clothes up right away.
The opposite corner of the room has my sewing center of sorts. Its a start. I'd like to put up some shelves and maybe do a bit more organizing. I have seen sewing rooms online that dreams are made of. I don't expect to have anything near as fancy, just functional when its needed. I have already had to sew a coat since we moved here. It came in handy to just sit down and start sewing. No more getting the sewing machine out and taking up the table.
Next to the dryer is my cross stitching drawers and extra material that has no purpose. There is a hamper right in the laundry for the first time ever. I decided I didn't like the dirty clothes just piled on the floor waiting for my attention. Besides, there was no other place for the hamper in the bathrooms. I have a basket in the upstairs bathroom closet and those in the basement use this hamper or the ones in their rooms.
This is the hallway leading to the laundry room from the living room. How many times do you think I will be putting the books BACK on the shelves after Gianna finds them the first time??

This concludes Tour #1 of our new home. Stay tuned for Tour #2 in the near to way future.

No comments: