Sunday, February 12, 2012

Minor Miracles

Minor Miracle #1 - All of the boys were dressed and ready for church 30 minutes before we had to leave. That is a miracle. I let them watch a movie since they were ready so early. They watched The Traditional Mass for Children. This movie is a simple, yet powerful explanation of the Latin Mass for children. The boys enjoy it every time they watch it. I have had them watch it in the past if they had to stay home from Mass because they were sick.

So now onto Minor Miracle #2 - I found out exactly how much they did enjoy it after we came home from Mass. They begged me to watch it again because they wanted to learn to say the Mass and be altar boys. They set up an altar, found a chalice (plastic baby cup), and wanted a crucifix for their altar. I found them a candle holder that looked like a crucifix, the St. Patrick dress up vestments so Stephen could be a priest, two candle holders for their altar, and cut some leftover material from the St. Patrick outfit to make a chalice cover. These memories will be some of my most precious - and hopefully theirs as well.

Prayers at the foot of the altar. They were explaining on the DVD that the cross on the back of the priest's vestments reminds us that he is taking Jesus's place.
Kissing the altar stone while learning about the relics of the saints kept in the altar stone.
Reading from the missal.
An official request for altar boy vestments has been submitted. I guess I know what my next sewing project will be. :-)

God's blessings to you on this wonderful Sunday!!

No comments: