Sunday, September 14, 2014

New Septic System

 On August 27th a beautiful sound was heard in our yard.
 It just kept coming...
 and coming...
 We didn't get very much school accomplished that hour.
Brech and Gianna thought they could do school on the deck. 
 They were watching them install the drain field.
 Brech drew pictures of all their equipment.
 They were two happy campers that day.
 August 29 - 9 AM until 12 PM we were without sewer.  It was just fine because we were getting a new tank and I was willing to go twice that long without sewer.
 Out with the old!
School was interrupted again this day.  The kids were told they could watch the guys working or do school.  Yah, they picked watch the guys. 

 I asked Gianna if she wanted to be a sewer girl when she grew up.  "Ewww, it stinks, Mommy"
 Then the beast of a truck rolled in.  
 Just like that the new tank was in.






 "I can't watch, Mommy!"

 Did I mention I want one of those beast of a trucks?  I think I will get a job delivering septic tanks someday.  
 They tore up quite a bit of the west side of the yard.

Now if it would only stop raining long enough to dry up they will come back in and make it look pretty.  They did get everything covered up and functioning.  

I am in heaven!  I can wash laundry, run the dishwasher, and let the kids flush the toilet.  Amazing how quick I forgot how great that feels!

No comments: