Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Early Morning Learning

 When no one else is awake, what's a baby to do with herself?  

Does she pitch a fit and irritate her mom? 
(Yes, in fact, most mornings.)

Does she pick a fight with her sister over which side of her mother's lap she should be sitting on?
(Yes, that's happened quite often around here.)

Does she fall on the ground and roll around in a desperate attempt at getting attention?
(Yes, yes...and especially when she doesn't feel well.)

What's a baby to do with herself?

Mom has a solution for twinnies! 
 Mom gets out new (to them) toys.
Kiara wonders why Mom hasn't gotten these out before.  
So much more exciting than a silly old purse.
 Brigid giggles and giggles.
 See, Mom, look at my hand.
 They traded boards and learned how to turn the light off and on.
 They were so sweet, so good, and never fought over the boards or lights.
They played for a good thirty minutes before they got bored.
See, Mom.  See what I can do.  Watch me, Mom.
NO, watch me, Mom.  Help me with this one, Mom.  
Ok, so this was mostly a series of grunts, whimpers, laughs, and hand motions - but I got the idea.

No comments: