Saturday, January 10, 2015

If You Give a Mom an Afternoon

 The Fire Hazard Formerly Known as "The Christmas Tree"
When the Christmas tree becomes a fire hazard you have to take the decorations off. 
When you take the decorations off a tree you have to put them away.
 When you put Christmas decorations away you might need to organize the boxes, 
label them, and put them in some nicely arranged order.
When you organize boxes in the corner you might feel compelled to organize a shelf or two.
 When you organize one or two shelves you might look over and see the other shelves are not in order so you proceed to box all the plastic plates, silverware, and cups in boxes and label them as well as all the napkins and tablecloths.
If you organize the plasticware in the house you might decide to organize the food as well.  
This happens to work out in your favor as your husband requests a Sam's Club shopping list.


This comes after a morning of this - as posted on my Facebook page this morning:
I'm not sure if I should call this a victory or a typical distraction in my life. I walked downstairs to get a Pepsi (slap if you want!). I heard the dryer going so I made a quick detour to see if the clothes were dry. They were so I moved clothes around and wanted to start another load. I'm down to two loads left in the whole house at this point - want. it. finished. So I decided to wash the boys' clothes so I didn't have to walk upstairs. I remembered that Blase needed to try on size 16 pants to see if he needs the slims or the regulars. I called him to do that then started to load the washer. Then I decided I should probably put away his size 14's so that he has room for the 16's. That led to going through all his drawers and putting away the summer or too small things. I found some items that would fit Stephen at this point. SOO, I stopped by Stephen's room to go through his clothes. That led to going through his junk drawer that is actually suppose to be his pjs/socks/underwear drawer. Then I found some things that should be in Cormac's drawers. That led to going through all of Cormac's drawers, including his treasure/junk drawer. By this point we have thrown away a few things, organized 8 drawers, and put away the treasures in the proper places. Then the dryer and washer were almost through their cycles. Prior to coming downstairs I had put some leftovers in the microwave. So I finally grabbed my can of Pepsi and went up here to eat lunch. So was that a victory? Or a distraction with benefit of accomplishment?

It is just a day for distractions with accomplishments I suppose!

No comments: