Saturday, November 5, 2016

Homecoming and Coming Home

On September 13th we had a busy day.  First I went shopping with my sister to get groceries for our first couple of weeks at the ranch.  Next I went with a different sister to a homeschool mom's night out.  And finally home to fall into bed.

Friday, the 14th, was even busier.  We woke up somewhat early to finish packing and loading all the things into the trailer that we were taking to the ranch.  Blase, Stephen, and Darren left in the morning so they could go unload the trailer and set up beds in the house.  I loaded more things into the van, fed the kids lunch, and then took them to the homecoming parade in my hometown.  I haven't been to a homecoming parade since the year before I was married.
Mauri and her girls were also at the parade, along with Mom and Loman. 







  

 Carlie was almost more than Mauri could keep up with.  She's so busy!

This is the whole reason we came to the parade.

Our niece, Shelby, was marching in the middle school band for the first time.  She did a great job.  I have to say that the middle school band marched AND played better than the high school band.








Our sort of kind of adopted brother who is actually our cousin somewhere down the line was in that firetruck.  He got on the loud speaker and said hi to Loman.  Roy, that sure made Loman's day.

After the homecoming parade we made our way home.

Yes, HOME.

We were finally moving to the ranch and finally going to be together as a family.



 Mauri sent home brownies for our first night in our new home.
A glorious sunset to welcome us.

AND we started unpacking right away.  I found my rejoice coffee cup and, finally, everything was as it should be.  The first evening was long and exhausting.

Gianna had fun though.  She almost wasn't heavy enough to do any good.  It is tradition though.  One kid has to jump on the paper when we unpack.  This will hopefully be the last time one of my little kids has to jump on the paper ever.

God willing this will be our forever home and the end of our gypsy travels.  Home to stay, home for good.

No comments: