Saturday, November 5, 2016

The Journey

For this 1000th blog post I thought it would be fitting to put up a fortune cookie of mine from this summer.  This blog has always been about the journey.  

The journey of motherhood.
  The journey of marriage.
  The journey of homeschooling.
  The journey towards heaven.
  I can now add in the journey of ranching to our blog. 

The journey is not smooth.  
Sometimes it is not pretty.  
The journey twists and turns, it climbs and falls down.  

The journey will end with my death.

Death is something I'm all too familiar with over the past decade.  Death has been part of my journey and will continue to be part of my journey.  With each death in the family I am reminded that my journey from now until death is just day after day of waking up and making a choice to love God or love the worldliness around me.  To love my neighbor or love myself.

The journey itself determines my end.

It is at this point I will post my favorite fortune cookie of all time.  Brech's -

http://treasuresforheaven.blogspot.com/2015/01/advice-worth-taking.html

Ha ha, well, what do I know anyway.  I'm just a pilgrim on a journey.  

I hope you take this journey with us as we embark on a new adventure full of cattle and crops, machinery and misfits (that's us by the way).  I hope the next one thousand blog posts are full of life and love as that will make the journey happy and fruitful.


No comments: