Sunday, December 25, 2016

Saying Goodbye

My Goddaughter and Kiara's Godmother, Miss Katie (who came to help us when I had my knee surgery) left the first part of December to discern a vocation with the Benedictine Sisters of Mary, Queen of Apostles in Missouri.  We are going to miss her more than she probably knows.

Kiara, Brigid, Blase, Stephen, and I drove up to Sturgis to say goodbye to her on Saturday, November 26th.  It was a long day because we ended up helping decorate the Mark Park for Christmas, going to Saturday evening Mass in Sturgis, and then back to the Park to take pictures after dark.  Finally, we went to Rapid City to get a month's worth of groceries.  It was after Midnight before we made it home that night.

It was worth all the driving and lack of sleep to be able to say goodbye to Katie, help at the Park, and buy groceries as we were down to one gallon of milk and a loaf of bread - no eggs...it was pathetic.
 Here I am "smoking" a pipe.
 Kiara stole it from me.


 Godmother Katie, Goddaughter Kiara
 Godmother me, Goddaughter/Godmother Katie, Goddaughter Kiara
 Noses
 Cuteness
 a little musical entertainment
 Katie and I
Katie and Stephen

No comments: