Sunday, May 28, 2017

The Trio

We have three bucket calves under our care.
 King Kong, Anneliese, Chase

King Kong's mom died when he was about 6 weeks old.  Catching him was a rodeo I don't want to be part of again. King Kong has a powerful kick.  I was driving the buggy and Darren was roping.  He said I wasn't a very good roping horse, but I was good with the little kids so he'll keep me around.  That was NOT a compliment.

Anneliese's mom is a submarine or she thinks she is a submarine.  We tried to get her into the corral numerous times and she always picked the middle of the dam to run to.  After the third time of trying we decided to give up.  The girls love Anneliese.  She's the smallest one of the trio.

Chase's mother had mastitis and no very cooperative.

 My friend from North Dakota had car trouble near our house.  Her and her lovely family came to supper that night.  The kids helped feed the calves.  So much fun!!
Personally, I like to feed the calves from outside the corral, but the kids like being closer to the calves.  The kids also spend quite a bit of time playing with the calves during the day.  I think Gianna would move her bed down into the barn if Jimmer wasn't already living there.

No comments: