Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bicycle Excitement


Easter Sunday was full of bicycle firsts around here. The first ummmm...first was Stephen learning to ride his bike without his training wheels. He has a bit of trouble with turning and braking, but overall is doing great. Here he is showing off his "moves" to the camera. He did run into the van a little bit after this, but it was a good joke on me. Since I had already damaged the goods I couldn't rightly get after him for hitting it. He sure thought that was funny to hit the van and point out that my dent was bigger.
Here he is being all cool about learning a new trick.
Then, not too much later, Darren took Cormac's training wheels off. He was REALLY good right away. He also has trouble with braking, but has NO FEAR to compensate for that. I am sure he will be the one to try out any new jumps before his brothers.
Yes, that is the look of confidence and mischief in the cutest Cormac Michael face ever!
Our last big first for the day was Blase's new trick of riding without hands. It took a few pictures to get a good one, but he was a willing trickster. I must admit I was a bit concerned to be on the other end of the camera with him coming towards me, but it worked out just fine.
I am certain the next pictures will be of them jumping bikes and doing other typical kid stunts. Stephen was showing off how he can ride with his handle bars backwards. I remember those wonderful days of my childhood. I must say they are missing out on the whole banana seat era though. My brothers and I would play Dukes of Hazzard with our neighbor Bob. Of course you can guess who I was. I have good memories of riding bikes as a child and think back to them every so often. I can only wish my boys are keeping these memories close so they too can treasure them.

No comments: