Thursday, April 1, 2010

When the Holy Ghost comes calling

I never expected to receive two phone calls from the Holy Ghost, but I did. Ok, so actually it was a phone call from my brother Dirk and a phone call from my mother...but honestly - they both said the same things to me.

Many times in my teenage life I have experienced situations that I know were inspired by the Holy Ghost. My dad would be talking about some random religious topic on a Saturday night or Sunday on the way to church and then SURE ENOUGH, the priest would give basically the same talk during the sermon at Mass.

Since Mark has died I have been "helped" by the Lord in many ways. Just the other day I was having a sad moment and picked up a magazine to help take my mind off missing Mark. I randomly picked an article to read. The article turned out to be just what I needed to read at that moment to help me not feel so sad. That happens often!!

Yesterday was no different. What Dirk my mother said to me were the same, but different. It was just what I needed to hear and it helped me a lot. I am so grateful for the moments when the Holy Ghost works through us to help someone. I am usually the someone who is being helped.

We truly have a loving God!!

No comments: