Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New plants

I started some marigolds today and transplanted the sunflowers. I accidentally left them out in the rain for WAY too long (like overnight) and they were soaked. I am hoping the new dry soil will help them survive my mistake. The tomatoes are doing great, but the broccoli needs some help. The kids are excited about their cactus plants. I need to get pictures of them. They are still very tiny so I have time.

I have made some decisions on my flower gardens and now have to actually do the work. Darren needs till some areas for me and install a border around two of the plots. I want to plant yellow roses, but Darren claims if I do that we will have to move. It never fails that if I plant flowers, we end up moving before we can really enjoy them.

Darren tilled our garden a couple times last weekend. He also prepared the ground to plant grass. Its still too cold to plant grass. I can't wait for it to warm up and STAYED warm. Overall I think we are ready for the planting season to begin. I can already taste the tomatoes and fresh peas.

1 comment:

Kateri said...

You are way ahead of me. I haven't even plowed my garden yet. I say, go ahead and plant the roses! Alt least you will have made the world a beautiful place, even if you end up moving!