Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Expecting

We are expecting snow again this week. I am happy for the boys, whose faces drop every time the temperatures rise. Its a sad, sad day when the snow melts. Sad for boys who want to play in the snow and sad for mommy who doesn't want to deal with MUD. We have found many low areas that need gravel - like the entire driveway and in front of the garage!!!

I thought it would be cool to post a picture from when I was kid. This is when they said snow, it meant snow!! I somewhat miss those days. Now South Dakota mostly has a few snowflakes and lots of wind. Always wind. Michigan has snow, but rarely wind where we are. That's such a switch from my childhood. I suppose, as I ponder that more, its a good thing. A couple of my boys would probably get swept away - silly skinny minnies!!!

This is a picture of my brothers, our neighbor and myself on top of some serious snow! This was in 1988 as far as the picture says. I remember this being the highlight of the day. And NO it didn't snow that much, I do believe (correct me if I'm wrong Dad) that this was blown up and pushed up into this pile. There might even be a stack of hay bales somewhere under all that snow. Either way - its a lot of snow and my boys would probably pass out from pure joy if they found a drift like that in our back yard.

I hope you will continue to survive winter. Look for the blessings of snow, look past the frustrations. Spring is on its way, which leads to summer. We all know summer means heat and bugs. I'd rather have snow I think....

1 comment:

Kateri said...

That is quite a mountain of snow! I'm glad someone is enjoying cold weather. :) As for me, I'm all about looking forward to butterflies and flowers and warm spring rain.