Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! This is one of my favorite holidays of the year. We always decorate and dress up to celebrate. In recent years we have hosted a St. Patrick's Day party on the Sunday closest to St. Patrick's Day. This year we are planning it for next Sunday.

A handful, plus years ago my parents had a St. Patrick's Day party down at their sod farm for the family. We were unable to attend, but I was informed later that I was there anyway. Here is a picture of a poster that my mother made and hung up that night.
It says:
Irish Superstition
A red-haired woman is UNLUCKY.
Said to be typically Irish, red-haired women were nonetheless treated
with great suspicion, and if a man met one as he was going to work he
would almost certainly forget all about his labors and go home.


This poster requested by: Darren Gebes
And of course there is a "lovely" picture of me. Oh family - gotta love them!! All of them!

No comments: