Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mini Office for School

I am making mini offices for Brech, my brother, and some of my nieces. Here's the general idea of a mini office. You take a file folder (or one and a half) and glue different things onto it that will help the child with learning.
The first page (above) has their name, address, and phone number at the very top (covered up on purpose). Then I put the months, days of the week, and seasons. I tried to group things together if possible.
On the second flap I put the letters and blends as well as some blank lines. I covered it in contact paper so that it can be wrote on and erased. On one of my niece's min office I put the sign language letters and numbers. She is learning sign language and I thought that would be nice for her.
There are two pages of math related pictures. The clock hands are moveable and also laminated for durability. The ruler will be useful. I don't know how many times I have sent the kids for a ruler only to find that they have ALL disappeared.
I am finding that my boys need to be reminded daily which hand is right and which hand is left. I can't even use the "You use your right hand to write," since I have two left-handers.
On the page next to the math ones there is an United States map and a globe map as well as handwriting examples. I use Italic for the boys so that is why I use that one.
Here is a picture of it opened and set up. On the other side of the ruler/colors page is their name and months, etc. On the opposite side of the maps is the letters and blends.

I used various websites that already had mini office examples and created a few of my own. Each of my boys have one already, but they were my first attempt so they don't contain as many things as this one does. If we ever move I will probably make them new ones with the new address and phone number.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so neat! Where did you get the ideas from? I would love to have something like this for Emily.