Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Diligence

I was discussing with my mother how diligent I am. When I blog - I blog with diligence. When I ignore my blog - I ignore with diligence. I decided I would provide you with a very lengthy post to make up for my diligence. Its been almost two weeks since my last post. There have been no major things happen. All that has happened is just life, one day at a time.
The boys had their final swim lesson of the session on Thursday, August 25. They have learned so much. Cormac is still a bit frightened with the water. Blase has taken to swimming like a fish, where as Cormac is more like a cat, or his mother.
You can see that Cormac is still holding on for dear life. Rex is braver now than before and Stephen can swim with the help of floating devices. They have all begged for another round of lessons. I take it they enjoyed this session.
Amazing - Cormac let go for a moment! Way to go Cormac!!!
Blase and Darren spent two weekends ago painting the swing set.
They worked hard all day long....
and finished the whole thing. What an improvement!
Gianna spent some time outside with her daddy helping too.
She had a great time. I can tell from the kicking legs.

Last week of August....
The boys had out the big Lego blocks. Blase spent the week building all sorts of creations. Here is the inside of his cathedral complete with an altar.
I suppose would could all it Dinoco Cathedral??
Anything you can do, I can do too. Brech is such a helper.
He helped and helped. He even stood on his shovel handle like Darren did when he was talking to me. He would stop to have a drink every time Darren did. It like a Mini-Me for Darren.
A beautiful flower picked by my wonderful husband.
Another creation of Blase's.

September
I think I will play poker with this guy! Isn't he a sweetheart? Gotta love him being so serious.

We went to a tractor show in Escanaba, MI on Sunday. We didn't get to stay long as it started to rain about the time the tractor parade started. The theme tractor was John Deere this year.
MY favorite color tractor. Keep that in mind if you decide to buy me a tractor. Hint, hint. Here are a few pictures of our favorite tractors.



This is the only green tractor I took a picture of.
One of Darren's favorite color tractors.
Too cute!!

We went to Marquette for Mass at the Cathedral. The bishop was saying a Latin Mass, so we decided to make the two and some hour drive up. The bishop gave a wonderful sermon. What a blessing! We also got to meet the bishop after Mass.
I tried to take some pictures of the inside of the cathedral. I need a better camera. Here is what I managed to capture - a blurry picture of one of the windows.
If you want to see the whole church check out this link.

It was VERY, VERY windy on Sunday. We stopped to watch and listen to the waves on the lake. I took some pictures though you can't tell how big they are. We guessed the waves to be 3-4 feet tall. We could be off on our guesses.



See, it was windy! I was having a hard time breathing.

LABOR DAY
Labor Day is the day to labor right? Work, work, work. Darren and the boys cut down a couple of trees. I took care of a fussy little girl. I was also battling a headache I had had for a week (still have!).
We found some exciting things on the trees.
Holes??

Nasty little hole making creature. Not my favorite find for the day.
This cocoon (?) was roughly 3 1/2 inches long. Wonder what is in there??
The only corn from our garden. The raccoons are just as diligent as I am.
How fitting that Little Girl should have her 5 month birthday on Labor Day. Sure was a labor-filled day 5 months ago. She would not look at the camera for a non-blurry picture. Oh well.

I shall remain diligent. It will either be diligent in posting or diligent in ignoring. I hope your last two weeks has been pleasant and full of wonder. God bless you.

No comments: