Sunday, March 4, 2012

Finished Grottos

We have finished our grottos to honor Our Lady. The boys had a wonderful time getting glue all over. Sorry it took a couple extra days to get these up on here. I have been dealing with mastitis (this is where Darren inserts cow reference) and had to go to the doctor yesterday. I felt horrible, flu-like symptoms, fever, headache (reaction to medication), chills, dizziness (another reaction to medication), tired and plain ol' crankiness. Poor Gianna wouldn't even nurse off the sore side because I was so tense. Its been a rough couple of days! I am on the mend though. I have been using some essential oils as well as the medication the doctor prescribed. I think they are helping things. I am not as sore as I was yesterday, though it all looks the same.
Back to the grottos. First step - separate the gems by color.
Step two - Glue the gems onto the popsicle sticks.
Third step - glue picture of Our Lady on the grotto.
Final step, though not needed - Mod Podge the whole thing!
Rex's Our Lady of Fatima grotto
Blase's Our Lady of Guadalupe grotto
Stephen's Our Lady of the Snows grotto (how fitting for this week)
Cormac's Our Lady of Lourdes grotto

No comments: