Thursday, March 29, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Fun

For St. Patrick's Day this year we did our traditional menu of corned beef and cabbage, carrots and potatoes, 7 layer jello, bread, Irish Cream Chocolate cheesecake, and green punch. We hosted the party for a wonderful family with 8 kids. Their kids were SO polite and our kids made some new friends. To get ready for the party, I cleaned the whole house. Seriously. Well, I didn't get around to cleaning the furnace room or the catch all purple room - but the rest of the house was clean. That was one of the reasons why I didn't post on the blog that week. I was just tired and simply ran out of time.

I bought the kids new St. Patrick's Day shirts this year. They wear them all year long so they had worn out the ones I bought a few years ago.

Even Gianna and I wore a bit of Irish colors for the weekend and following week. My shirt says "Irish Attitude". I think it fits me quite well - except for the pink rainbow.

We left the decorations up for another week. We didn't decorate as much as we have in previous years. It was still fun picking up all those little shamrocks after Brech Earl decided they would look better on the floor instead of the railing.

We hope your St. Patrick's Day was filled with Irish fun.

No comments: