Sunday, January 20, 2013

500 and Counting

My 500th post.  It will be filled with all the good things you expect from me....
 There it sits.  The bird's nest holds on for dear life.  
Yesterday we had 45 mph wind gusts.
 Its way up there.  Can you see it?
That's the roof of our garage, by the way.
 A little later I noticed that it had broken in two.
This morning there was no trace of it.

The whole time I watched this nest I figured there had to be some type of lesson to be learned.  A bird's hard work beaten by the weather.  I guess if you think about it its like our hard work being destroyed by some force, be it child or weather.  It could be that even though our hard work gets sidetracked, destroyed, or even dismissed the sun will still rise.  The bird will be back again to make another nest not worried about how and why the last one was ruined.  I could learn a lot from that.  I could learn not to worry about what has been accomplished and then undone by helpful children.  I could learn not to dwell on the things of yesterday, but focus on the gifts of today.  Honestly, I think the one thing I did learn from all of this - don't build a bird's nest in a tall tree in North Dakota.  Move south and stay there!

No comments: