Saturday, January 26, 2013

All in a Day's Work

I decided to make a blog post happen today.  At 10 AM I grabbed my camera and took a picture of most of the rooms in the house.  They are exactly the way they were when we woke up.  I didn't move anything.  I didn't try to make the room look better by the way I took the picture.  Then I took pictures again between 3 and 5 PM to see what all had been accomplished.

Presenting: All in a Day's Work
 School room at 10 AM
School room at 10 AM with sweet Gianna writing on something. 
 School room finished
School room finished 
 Kitchen and dining room at 10 AM
 Another view of the kitchen at 10 AM.
 Kitchen finished
 Upstairs bathroom at 10 AM
 Upstairs bathroom finished
 Brech and Gianna's room at 10 AM (yes, she's still in her pjs)
 Brech and Gianna's room finished
 Master bedroom north side at 10 AM
 South side at 10 AM
 Master bedroom north side at 5 PM (notice I did not say finished)
 Master bedroom south side at 5 PM (pretty much finished on that side)
 Entry way at 10 AM
 Entry way finished
 Living room at 10 AM (notice the Christmas tree is still up)
 Living room finished
 Going upstairs at 10 AM
finished, though not much difference 
 Blase and Rex's room at 10 AM
 Blase and Rex's room finished...
 The piano was moved from the hallway into the bedroom so I moved the bookcases around a bit.
 Laundry room at 10 AM
 Laundry room at the end of the day - looks the same.  I'm sure it is obvious I didn't get there.
 Stephen and Cormac's room at 10 AM
 Stephen and Cormac's room finished
 Furnace room at 10 AM
Furnace room finished (including all the Christmas deco put away)

You will notice there are no pictures of the boys' bathroom.  I knew I wouldn't even get close to finishing that one, let alone WANT to finish that one!

I accomplished that with a little help from Brech, a lot of help from Rex, and NO help from Gianna.  Well, she did help, but it was more like taking the books off the shelf that I just put on there.  That kind of help is no help in my book.  She was pleased with herself and thought she should earn a gold star.  I sure love that girl.  Some day soon she will be a great help.  I just hope I survive her in the meantime.

We also had time to play a few games, watch a movie together, dance to a few songs, eat, laugh, hug, and pray today.  It was a good day.  I am actually impressed at how well we had the house looking BEFORE I cleaned.  That is normally what our house looks like.  The house is usually not that messy by my standards (ask my friends and family about what my messy rooms used to look like).  These kids do a great job of keeping things picked up.  They know what is expected and most times comply with the requirements.  Such blessings these kids are!  Thank you God for messy houses, thank you God for helpful kids.

No comments: