Friday, April 17, 2009

Fun times

We made it to South Dakota and have been going full throttle ever since. Good Friday we traveled most of the day and ended by having supper with Darren's family before arriving late at my family's house. Then Holy Saturday we decorated Easter eggs with the kids and my sweet niece Sarah. That evening Darren, Mauri, Brech and I watched my brother Luke race in an indoor moto race. Great memories that night...

Easter Sunday was wonderful with Mass in the morning and eating, eating, and more eating in the afternoon. We made rainbow jello and Irish Cream Chocolate cheesecake for dessert - yummy!! We also kept up the Bestgen tradition of kipping. John's egg took first prize as far as I know. Darren's parents and sister Courtney also came for the meal and some visiting.

Monday I took Darren to the airport after a bit of shopping for Stephen's birthday. Darren flies out to Italy this coming Saturday, but had to work this week. I also spent some time in town with my mom and sister and her boyfriend, Peter. Tuesday was my dad's birthday so we celebrated with presents and leftover cake from Easter. Wednesday was my parents anniversary (31 years). Today my three sisters, Brech, Rex and I went shopping in Rapid City. I am on curtain making duty this weekend so we had to stock up on fabric. Tomorrow the boys will get to play with their cousin Shelby. It has been a jam-packed week!

Brech had a few firsts since we have been here. He clapped for the first time I could recall during one of the races Saturday night. He sat up on Tuesday for a full minute by himself. He also drank from a straw that day and said his first word "Dad". Of course he couldn't say it when Darren was around.

I also had a first. I ventured to see my brother Mark's headstone for the first time. I cried and smiled and laughed. I cried because I miss him, alot. I smiled because the headstone was perfect and the picture on it was wonderful. Also, having my other brother and his headstone moved over near Mark was special to see as well. I laughed because of all the deer droppings that covered Mark's grave. I had to laugh because it was nice to know he was visited everyday! :)

Tomorrow the kids are going to learn about volcanoes. It should be fun - especially when we make a homemade volcano. Who doesn't love that?!

No comments: