Friday, April 3, 2009

Overloaded

I was hoping I would sleep like a rock after my first post last night. It isn't every day you accomplish such a monumental step. Well, no go!! I laid awake thinking of a million (ok so maybe only 50) things I could have posted last night. I reminded myself that yesterday was just another day and peacefully dosed off. That lasted a whole hour before the baby needed to eat. Yup, just another day/night in my life.

Treasures for Heaven - this title is two-fold.

First: My children are treasures for heaven. They are precious souls entrusted to my husband and I. There are other treasures in my life. They include my parents and siblings, my grandparents, friends and family. I also think God's gifts in nature as some of the most beautiful treasures among us. Each treasure has been blessed by God and given to me as a reminder of His love for me. My day is full of treasure!!

Second: It explains the ideas I'm trying to instill into my children by means of little daily reminders. Luke 12:34, "For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be." St. Matthew and St. Mark have basically the same message in their Gospels as well. I want my boys to have heavenly treasures. I NEED them to have heavenly treasures.

I plan to include posts on all aspects of my life. Marriage, parenting, homeschooling, gardening, sewing, quotes from the boys, random thoughts and my Catholic faith. I am only hoping I can give you a realistic portrayal of our lives. I fall. I fall a lot. Sometimes I get back up with a smile, sometimes I'm crying buckets of tears. I am weak. I am strong. So sit back and enjoy my daily journey, collecting treasures for heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts, Karen! I look forward to reading more about your Treasures.