Thursday, May 7, 2009

Garden bliss

Its official...we will have a garden of sorts this year. On Tuesday we started building the fence around our garden plot. Its 48' by 64' with the promise of room to grow if need be. I'm not sure what we are planting yet as I did not buy the seeds. I was told we are planting pumpkins and sweet corn. I can't wait for the carrots and peas - so I hope that they bought some of them.
Blase and Darren working on the corner post.

Most of the garden, only 3/4 of it is tilled.
Cormac and Darren putting up one of the posts.

The boys and I will start some seeds (yes I know its a bit late) and have a school lesson soon. Hopefully they will produce some YUMMY vegetables. I'll keep you posted....

1 comment:

Kateri said...

Always exciting starting a new garden! I'm late getting things in. I didn't get peas planted in April this year like I usually do, and I am regretting that now. In fact I don't have anything in like I usually do. I'm so hoping to get carrots and beets in by the end of the weekend.