Monday, May 11, 2009

Spring...

When I was a little girl I loved spring. New baby goats, new baby kittens, clean air, warm sun, playing in the dirt, riding bikes, even the gardening was fun. Life was great, time was passing so slow. And then...I grew up...

Spring now means ticks, boys peeing on trees, sand fights, convincing the boys that gardening is a good thing if they want to eat this year, spiders and bugs and bees oh my! The list of not so fun parts of spring seems to be long lately. I did stop and "smell" the flowers today. The songs of the birds were beautiful and the sun bright and warm. We also had our first sprout from the beans we planted last Friday. Life is blooming and chirping everywhere. For some reason, maybe its the mom in me, but the peeing on trees seems to overshadow the tiny leaves getting a "rain shower".

So here's to spring and all its ups and downs! Bring it on...this momma's ready!

No comments: